Friday, April 10, 2015

Oh, no he didn't!

Darcy is the prop master for the school's upcoming play, Don't Drink the Water. She brings home various props to work on them and recently brought home some sticks of dynamite which she left sitting on our dining room table. I thought they were very well made, but had no idea why she brought them home to sit on my Easter decorated table.


The other morning as I sat working at my computer in the Steelers room I heard Tom walking toward me making a sizzling noise. I was very busy and while that noise penetrated my brain I must admit it didn't break through the barrier of what I was doing. Which made it funnier.

Tom: "ssssssssssss"

He leaned over me to kiss me good-bye and casually handed me a stick of dynamite as he continued making the noise.

Tom: "Here can you hold this?"

I must admit that after I took the dynamite, my brain still on my work, I was horrified when everything finally hit me. Of course, it would have been too late by then if that had been real instead of a prop. I questioned his motives, but he was laughing too hard and eventually I joined in. It was funny. He is funny like that. It is exactly something my dad would have done too.

After the laughter I did have to point out that it would have been funnier and safer for him if he had run after he gave it me. Because really he would have gone up in smoke with me.

No comments: