Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Wednesdays weekly wonderings



  1. "Car crashes into school" - I went to pick up the girls from school last week and as I arrived I noticed several police cars and fire engines and ambulances in the makeshift parking lot next to the only building that is still standing during the reconstruction of their new school. Turned out that someone had driven a Jaguar through the wall of the kids' chemistry room. Madison texted the teacher, but she was fine. She had been at home sleeping and she said the only damage done to her was that she was awaken from her nap with the news when the school called her. I looked up the crash because I could not understand how anyone could crash into that building from the road with all of the barricades and fences. I never did find it on the Internet except for our local news channel that said "stay tuned for more information."
  2. Dick Vitale's March Madness Bracket - I was just curious. Well, maybe I was wanting a tad bit of expert advice. I was annoyed to see he had Kentucky winning it all. Pfft. What does he know?
  3. Exercises using arm bands - My mother had all of these exercise bands that I thought might help get my arms into shape so I looked up some exercises. Turns out you have to be standing to do most of them. I thought it would be something I could have done while watching television.
  4. Mother of the Bride dresses - My friend Robin's daughter is getting married this summer. Robin showed me pictures of the dresses she had purchased for the event, and because I am such a fashionista I vetoed those and tried to find her some other choices. If only everything looked as good on us as it does on the models.
  5. Tiki huts - Tom wants to add a slab of concrete out in our yard outside our pool enclosure, and I suggested we put a tiki hut over it. I found several do-it-yourself kits, but he things the prices outrageous and so we think perhaps we might hold a Survivor game week and see if our friends can build one for shelter.
Jaieie: "So the last time we were at the beach the kids found this sandbar that was covered in sand dollars. We took home buckets of these things. It was really cool."

Me: "So you killed them?"

Jaimee: "Killed what?"

Me: "The sand dollars. If you found a whole slew of them they were probably all alive."

Jaimee: "Wait. What? Sand dollars are alive?"

     6. Sand dollars - Yep, they are alive. We learned all about sand dollars and thus when we were kayaking this week we left those critters alone. Besides she has several buckets of them at home.

No comments: