Friday, September 04, 2015

Football is coming the balls are getting inflated...

  1. Everyone keeps telling me I should play Fantasy Football so after making my NFL picks for the first week I ventured over to the fantasy side of Yahoo. I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and before I knew it I was in a draft. Once in the damn thing you can't get out. Time started counting down on the left hand side and the instructions were too great. I did the best I could selecting players for my "queue", but I was totally lost. Then it was time for me to make a pick so I snagged a quarterback first thinking you can't play football without a quarterback. Once I had Big Ben on my team I got cocky and started queuing players up left and right. Next thing I knew the draft was over and I had a team full of wide receivers and running backs, but with no kicker and no defense. Oops.
  2. The judge in the NFL case against Tom Brady ruled in Brady's favor and allowed the Super Bowl quarterback to get back on the field for game one. Once the news hit yesterday the media went nuts. Interestingly, not much was being said about how the judge did not rule that Brady and the Patriots were innocent. He didn't. What he did rule on was the fact that NFL commissioner Roger Goodell played dictator. He did not follow the rules. He did not follow the law. He just willy nilly suspended Brady using the same code he uses for drug issues. Uh, wrong. It's time Goodell goes. 
  3. Have you seen the Huffington Post pictures of Peyton Manning's son, Marshall, warming up with his dad on the Bronco's field before Thursday's game? So adorable. 
  4. Oh, more woes for the Pittsburgh Steelers with the four game suspension of Martavis Bryant who, despite already failing one NFL drug test and missing games last season, couldn't put down the dope long enough to pass the second NFL test. The Steelers are claiming they knew this in the off season and planned for it accordingly in the draft, but it will be interesting to see how long they even bother with him. Did Bryant not see what happened with Santonio Holmes?
  5. Preseason will soon be put away for another season, and I for one will be thankful. I hate preseason. It's nothing but a money grabber from greedy owners and administration who if they crunched the numbers might just find they didn't score after losing numerous players to injuries, many of them for the season. Let the true season begin!

No comments: