Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Out of the mouths of babes

In my duties as Nanny Cara several days a week I also agreed to help out on Friday night this past week while the kids' dad set up for a Lego Convention. Since Friday night is my weekly TV night, and since the new fall season hadn't started yet, Kelly came over for game night instead. Darcy and her friend rounded out the table and we divided into teams for Disney Trivial Pursuit (which is quite difficult by the way).

Question: "What year did Beauty and the Beast debut? 1989? 1991? or 1993?"

Kelly, Alex, and I were on a team against Darcy, Feifei, and Sydney (and later Tom). We were given this question and we hunkered together to try to get the right answer. I was rambling on about the Little Mermaid, which had nothing to do with the question, but it did in my mind where I was rationalizing a time frame. Kelly was working dates out loud, and I was counter working with her when Alex finally had had enough.

Alex: "Okay! Okay! Let's think about this. It obviously can't be the first date. It has to be one of the other two."

Me: "Why is that?"

Alex: "Because 1989 was a long time ago like back in the Mickey Mouse era so it can't be that one!"


No comments: