Sunday, September 20, 2015

NFL picks - week #2

Last week - 7 - 9
Overall - 7 - 9

Kansas City over Denver - Dag Nap-it I knew I should have gone with my Peyton, but I was gun shy with everything last week and the Chiefs were at home and, and, and...I missed it. BUT I did have Emmanuel Sanders starting on my fantasy team so I won some nice points for his great game.

New England over Buffalo - I almost picked the Bills, but then the above game was in my head and so I went with Brady. But I like what Rex Ryan is doing with this team. If he can do what he did when he first took over the Jets and not what he did with them the last two years this is going to be a team to keep an eye on.

Arizona over Chicago - The Cardinals, with former Steelers coach, Bruce Arians, are good darn it, and the Bears have all over the map Jay Cutler so I went with the visiting team.

Cincinnati over San Diego - This is the game I went back and forth with because I didn't get to see these two teams last week, but the Bengals are home so that was my deciding factor. Even though I hope they lose.

Tennessee over Cleveland - Listen, Titans coach Ken Whisenhunt, a former Steelers coach, snapped up former Steelers defensive coordinator Dick LeBeau and then got to pick the number two college quarterback 

Detroit over Minnesota - I had high hopes for the Vikings with the return of Adrian Peterson, but they really had a hard time last week and the Lions were playing some good football in week one so I went with them.

New Orleans over Tampa Bay - Last year the Bucs played better on the road then they did at home, and I think if they find their groove with Winston they will win this game over a mediocre Saints team, but playing in the Superdome is tough for an A level team let alone a team that can't get its shit together each week.

Giants over Atlanta - This should be a good game, and I'm partial to the Manning boys and that's how I made my pick this week. Remember its early days yet.

Pittsburgh over San Francisco - We need to pick it up this week and take this game. It's at Heinz Field so the home crowd should be ready and that should get the guys pumped.

St. Louis over Washington - The Rams are exciting to watch too this year, and the Redskins, well, they have all sorts of problems from an owner that refuses to deal with Indian tribes to a quarterback situation that is ridiculous beyond words.

Carolina over Houston - The Texans had way too many issues last week so I wasn't too keen on them in an away game.

Baltimore over Oakland - The Ravens won't lose this week.

Miami over Jacksonville

Philadelphia over Dallas - Oh, this game was a tough one. Both teams are stellar this year, but I give the slight edge to Eagles. Tony Romo is going to have to prove to me in more than just one game that he can be steadily solid.

Seattle over Green Bay - The Seahawks have all the makings of another Super Bowl visit and with that loss last week I think they find their groove this week despite playing in Lambeau Field.

Indianapolis over Jets - The Colts will get themselves back together again at home this week. Luck isn't down for long. And Tony Dungy agrees with me.

No comments: