Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday NFL recap - week #7

Steelers: The worst thing about watching the game on the computer is no rewinding. The second worst thing about it is losing. Ugh.

  • Interceptions - Holy throw the ball into the wrong hands! Two interceptions and almost a third. Landry Jones got to see how how it is to play a full four quarters of a NFL game.
  • Jones - Well, he can throw. I'll give him that. The offensive line didn't do well protecting him in the fourth quarter so I can't fault him for his fumble, but he was very inconsistent throughout the game.
  • Defense - At some point you knew the defense was going to deflate. Let's hope they got it out of their system this week because next week is Cincinnati.
  • Roethlisberger - Did people really think that Big Ben was going to play this week? I guess so because his not playing made headlines. I knew he wasn't going to suit up this week, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him on the field next week. He practiced this week in full gear so he is definitely on the mend and the Bengals game is huge. It would be a welcome relief for sure.
  • Oddity - After the game was over the computer feed started to fade out and then came back. It showed the token female sideline reporter standing on the field searching for someone to interview. She shook the hand of Tomlin as he passed by and then she just seemed lost. She kept looking up at the booth, maybe as if asking what should she do. The camera stayed on her and we could hear on field communications. Then the camera cut to Landry Jones being interviewed by some guy in a Steelers cap and then it cut to Alex Smith as he accepted congratulations from people as he walked off the field. Finally it came back to this poor woman who held her microphone in front of her like a shield as players passed by her, leaving her interviewless. The feed then cut out. 
Other:
  • London Game - Oops. I thought the game wasn't televised in the US, but apparently Yahoo got those rights for the first ever livestream. Plus, I hear the game was a great one. 
  • Colts Game - I went to this game on the computer after reading about the fans booing Andrew Luck. Really? Come on, people, I talked about this a couple of weeks ago. If you don't have faith in your players then stop going to the games. Booing your quarterback at home? I don't like it, but maybe it got through to the team because once I tuned in Andrew Luck marched down the field like the pro he has shown he can be. The Colts scored and then kicked the onside kick. That in itself was entertaining with all the hot potato bumping and tossing of the football, and good lord three Colts players touched it, but the Saints recovered and ended the game.
  • Cockiness - This is my word of this football season. All the media hype of teams have fallen short due to ignorance, injuries, and cockiness. I'm all for teams and players believing they are the best of the bunch, but stop flaunting that. Shut up and go out and prove it, because when you get cocky, show off, and fall short, well, you look like an ass. And that goes for all that cocky dancing in the end zone and after making a play too. 
  • Dan Campbell - Can I just say how much I enjoyed the Dolphins interim coach at his postgame conference? He had no filter, was fidgety, and was definitely not coached well in how to speak in public, but I loved his honesty, his football talk, and his realness.
  • Tampa - The team came out burning, scoring 24 points like bam, bam, bam. And then I'm not sure what the heck happened as my back was to that game while watching my Steelers. Next thing I knew it was 27-24 and Tampa was stopped in the red zone and having to kick a field goal. When I turned around at the end of my game the score was 31-30 and Washington was high five-ing all over the field. I'm hoping Tampa didn't get cocky.

No comments: