Sunday, October 11, 2015

NFL picks - Week #5

Last Week - 8 - 7
Overall - 30 - 34

I'm slowing picking more than I'm losing and closing my overall gap. I suppose after years of superior picks I should have a year where I'm mediocre, but it stings. In my fantasy league this week I'm up against someone who has Tom Brady and Rob Gronkowski, and my Steelers are playing my brother's Chargers. A long football week...

Indianapolis over Houston - Whew! Starting the week out with a win. Go Hasselbeck!

Atlanta over Washington - At some point these 4-0 teams are going to trip up, but I think the Falcons pull this one out.

Seattle over Cincinnati - I made this pick before the announcement that Marshawn Lynch would sit out. Even so it was probably wishful thinking.

Green Bay over St. Louis - The Rams did well last week, but they aren't the Packers, and as much as I like Nick Foles he isn't Aaron Rogers.

Buffalo over Tennessee - I find this team to be the little engine that could...almost be great, but will have to keep plugging away each week until they believe that themselves.

Kansas City over Chicago - Because one shouldn't have to lose to a quarterback who just doesn't seem to care.

Philadelphia over New Orleans - Yeah, this one was a toss up in my book. I should have gone with the Saints.

Tampa Bay over Jacksonville - What can I say? I'm a sucker for these losers.

Baltimore over Cleveland - We should have won against these Ravens ten days ago, but that win against us will spur them on this week.

Arizona over Detroit - They were the winners that finally had their loss. It's out of their system.

New England over Dallas - As much as I despise this team and Tom Brady, I give them and him kudos for taking their anger and frustration and using it to win. That's a great team.

Denver over Oakland - Now that I'm blogging these picks my gut tells me that Denver is going to have to step up offensively or at least have their defense scoring this week. 

Giants over San Francisco - Haven't seen the Giants this year, but I have seen the 49ers and 'nuff said.

Pittsburgh over San Diego - I'm hoping that the Chargers will be discombobulated over the LA move decisions talked about his week. I'm hoping that Michael Vick and Antonio Brown have connected in practice this week. I'm hoping to proudly wear my black and gold this week when I see my brother in person. 

No comments: