Saturday, June 17, 2017

Out of the mouth of my husband

I was on the recorded part of my television recently where the listing of my shows is on the left hand side and the current channel is in a square in the upper right hand corner. I was scrolling through the list when I noticed the commercial playing in the corner. At first, I thought I was seeing things as every person who appeared had their pants pulled low enough to expose parts of their derriere, but then a bottle of Liquid Plummr appeared in a woman's hands and the voice over exclaimed, "Because there's a plummr in all of us."

I was speechless. I looked at Madison sitting beside me.

Me: "Did you see that? That commercial?"

Madison: "Yes."

Me: "What the hell? I can't even believe I just saw that. On regular TV. Are you kidding me?"

Madison: "What? Your horrified?"

Me: "Yes! I mean, seriously? Is that necessary? To show everyone's butt cracks?"

Madison: "Are you serious? You're offended by that?"

Me: "Yes, I am. Why is that on television?"

Madison: "You're soap opera people hop in and out of bed all of the time. What's the difference?"

Me: "What? The difference is we don't see their nakedness on regular television! What are you talking about? Tom! Tom, did you see that commercial?"

He hadn't and so I rewound it and we all watched it from the beginning. It was gross. Everyone and their brother walked around with his/her pants low enough to expose parts of their butts I had no wish to see. I just was amazed.

Me: "Can you even believe that commercial, Tom? I mean, what the hell?"

Tom: (shrugging) "It's a shitty commercial, what can I say?"

1 comment:

A simple life said...

That's why I love him.