Sunday, September 10, 2017

NFL Picks 2017 - Week 1

Hurricane Irma barreling up toward my house? Pfft. It's opening Sunday of football season. Ain't nobody got time for Irma! Although, all my stations have hurricane watch programs on instead of my Steelers game which was suppose to be shown. I contemplated calling the station to complain, but...

Week one is always a toss up, but I feel good about my choices.

New England over Kansas City - One of the few times I'm happy to be incorrect. Wasn't sure that the Chiefs could get over all of their mistakes, but I was wrong.

Buffalo over Jets - The scoop is that the Jets are horrible. I don't always believe the hype, but I like what I saw from the Bills in the off season.

Atlanta over Chicago - I'm going with the Falcons again. I'm not sure why. Jeez, these Falcons have had opportunities the last two years that I think I'm feeling bad for them. As for the Bears, we shall see this year how the loss of their wimpy last quarterback affects them.

Baltimore over Cincinnati - The word on the street is that the Ravens are the underdogs, but I never count them out.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - Counting on my boys to keep my Steelers room intact and to win this game! Here We Go!

Detroit over Arizona - I like the Lions, and now that Matt has been shown the money I expect him to show the world he deserves it.

Oakland over Tennessee - My crazy pick!

Philadelphia over Washington - The Eagles made some decent off season maneuvers while the Redskins were still wondering who was on first.

Houston over Jacksonville - The Jags and the Jets are supposedly the two teams expected at the bottom, and with the Texans city in disarray and J.J. Watt's huge Go Fund me windfall I expect them to win one for the city.

Indianapolis over Rams - I didn't pick these Los Angeles teams this week because I'm annoyed at all this moving around, but the Colts are without their Manning replacement superboy so could be interesting.

Green Bay over Seattle - Always hard to go against the Packers at home.

Carolina over San Francisco - Cam Newton coming on with somethings to prove.

Dallas over Giants - The Giants seem to play well when against the Cowboys, but I went with the home team.

Minnesota over New Orleans - I'm rooting for the Vikings since their last year bad luck. The Saints just seem ancient and stale.

Denver over Chargers - Again with that move...

No comments: