Sunday, September 24, 2017

NFL picks week #3

Last week: 10-6
Overall 22-9

Rams over San Francisco - Snooze game of the week and it's the Thursday night highlight. Toss up. I'm going with the Rams who have at least played one game well.

Baltimore over Jacksonville - I thought maybe the Jaguars would break out from the hype of a shitty team, but they let me down last week. Secretly, I'm hoping they do it this week, but I don't have enough faith to call it that way.

Denver over Buffalo - I'm still bitter about my screw up last week with the Broncos...I had them picked BTW. Sigh. Nothing will deter me from this week making sure I have it sealed in stone.

Pittsburgh over Chicago - I told my buddy that we are bursting at the seams. We are ready to explode. I think this week we do. The running game will be on and the B's will make catches. Look for AB to be on game.

Atlanta over Detroit - I hope I get to see this game. It's the most exciting one scheduled. I can see it going either way, but I put Matt Ryan's calmness over Matt Stafford's excitement. Of course, that didn't help the Falcons in the Super Bowl.....hmmmm.... 

Cleveland over Indianapolis - I see potential in Cleveland's offense. I think they win.

Tampa over Minnesota - The problem with day to day injury watches is making picks. If the Vikings Sam Bradford is still out, I see the Bucs winning this. If not, well, it doesn't matter because I have to seal my pick.

New England over Houston - If the Patriots lose this game, it will be the talk of Monday.

Miami over Jets - Argh. I'm feeling the Jets this week, but....but....

Philadelphia over Giants - Eli Manning and Cam Newton are the two quarterbacks eating the most turf and grass. No way the Eagles don't keep that up with Manning this week.

New Orleans over Carolina - Everyone says that Newton and company will prevail, but as I stated above Newton can't keep it up if he's always on the ground. Six sacks last week and that isn't even figuring in the sacks from last year and his off season shoulder surgery. I think Sean and Drew pull off a win this week on the road.

Tennessee over Seattle - Russell Wilson is another quarterback who is struggling with a weak offensive line. Difference here is he can scramble better than Eli Manning. But I think he doesn't scramble enough this week against the Titans.

Green Bay over Cincinnati - I'm not sure what is going on with the Bengals, but I don't see their season improving at Lambeau Field.

Chargers over Kansas City - Is there a team more unlucky than the San Diego Los Angeles Chargers? I mean, come on. Last week? I sort of felt sorry for their fans and then I remembered my brother was one and that feeling left quickly. I had them losing this week against the team that chugs

Oakland over Washington - The Raiders won me my football fantasy match last week so I'm sticking with them this week.

Dallas over Arizona - I just don't know. Not impressed yet with either team. 

No comments: