Tuesday, December 31, 2019

Goody-bye 2019

End of the year - a decade. Yikes. I haven't really processed the decade thing yet (maybe another post soon?), but this year has been a good one. I'm healthy. My loved ones are healthy. We're all still standing, and the outlook is bright. We spent tons of time with family. Can't complain.

Let's see how I ended with my resolutions.

  1. Tackle a project once a month - I started out strong, and then I finished strong. Because I knew the end was near. I started back to the beginning of my blog and edited it and labeled my posts. I had 100 pages with 25 posts a page. I edited ten and a half pages for 10%. Wow. It felt like more as it took up tons of time. I scanned photos into my computer. I have a giant box of said scanned photos. It started out as a little box, and then there were two boxes, and now I have a large box. That's a win, right? I didn't do the baby books I said I would do. I did clean out some closets, and tons of crap went to our new storage unit my husband decided we needed. While I don't think I'll be able to say I completed this resolution this year, I did at least attempt it. Score - 5
  2. Finish my book, begin editing it, and start writing book #2 - Done, done, and done. Book number one isn't done, and it needs an overhaul (especially after receiving feedback from a Harlequin editor), but I did finish it, and I began editing it, and I started book #2. This one is complete! Score: 10
  3. Learn the next step in the writing career (i.e., writing a synopsis, querying an agent, etc.). - I'm counting this one because the next step was really the synopsis, and not only did I have to research this one, but I had to do it. I also learned several other steps through workshops with my writer's group. Done. Score: 10
  4. Adopt a healthier lifestyle (including eating, exercising, sleeping, and vitamins) - I attempted. I lost. Started strong, waned, dropped off, and tried a comeback that fizzled. Score: 5
  5. Use more Wyndham points this year than last year - This required math. I'm glad I took the time to do it. This one was completed on my end! Done!  Score: 10

Total: 40 out of 50 - Yes! Three out of five. I feel such satisfaction! Halfway through the remaining two. Not bad. Not bad. Go, me!

Here's hoping I complete it all next year! Here's hoping your year was a great one too and that next year is even better!

Thanks for hanging in with me and reading my nutty recap of our lives. Love you all.

No comments: