Sunday, December 01, 2019

Maddy Birthday 2019


She was born the day before Thanksgiving. Then, it was all about the baby. All about Madison. We spent Thanksgiving in the hospital with our new family member. We didn't care a lick about turkey or pumpkin pie.


This year her birthday fell again on the day before Thanksgiving. We haven't spent her birthday with her in a few years, so I bought balloons and decorated our dining room table.

Then, I had to prepare for the big Thanksgiving dinner at our friend's house. I was busy over there. Tom was at work. Darcy at college. Madison spent the day collecting her free stuff from area businesses.

We didn't celebrate until that night when Darcy arrived home from college. We had Thai food and cake. She opened gifts. We did our best to make the last few hours all about her.
As usual, she took it in stride. She's laid back that way, my kiddo.



Happy Birthday firstborn daughter. You changed my life that day before Thanksgiving. Love had never been so great as when they placed you on my chest.

No comments: