Thursday, April 08, 2010

Construction Project #2 - Days 1 & 2

The exterior house painting project started this week. We finally chose the colors: cactus garden (a forestry green), a matched wine color from our new storm door, and a bright white. I was going to go with a tan instead of the white, but the interior design woman from Home Depot told me "no, white" and assured me that it would make the green "pop". Since she has interior design behind her name I took her advice.

My two neighbors, one a retired police officer, the other a retired fire fighter, are doing the job. They have not given us an estimate so we are hopeful it won't cost us an arm and a leg. Monday they pressure washed and sealed the house. Tuesday one worked with the white trim while the other did the cutting in with the green. The result was we lived in a "jail house" for a day.





No comments: