Wednesday, April 14, 2010

When one door closes....

Last Monday my husband was involved in a car wreck. A woman cut across several lanes trying to get into the left hand turn lane and ran right into the back of Tom's car. The car had once belonged to a friend of mine who died a year and a half ago. Tom wasn't hurt at all, and I believe my buddy Murph was watching out for him. Unfortunately, the car was totaled by our insurance company. The woman's insurance company now has the car and is checking it out because the fault was hers (and lucky for us a police officer was behind her and witnessed the accident). In the meantime the company is paying for a rental car.

On Sunday the rental car blew a fuse and the windows refused to go back up. He took the car back on Monday and the only car the rental agency had to give him was this one.

He came home on Monday night and took the kids (and Elliot) for a spin. After dinner we all climbed into the car and took a spin...to Steak n' Shake for shakes. Something tells me my husband isn't in any hurry for a report on his wrecked car.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Now that car fits Tom!!! I mean, you live in Florida, you guys SHOULD have a convertible!!! I could see us tooling around in that beauty in June!!! haha :)))