Thursday, April 15, 2010

Kitchen Construction Project

I never really enjoyed this Crest toothpaste color in my kitchen. My decorator friend helped me about five years ago re-decorate my house. We ended in the kitchen. We picked out some fabric and went with the color from the fabric for the paint. By the time it made it to the walls it looked like Crest regular toothpaste. It has never grown on me.

When we decided to put tile in the kitchen I decided to re-paint. Since the dining room color went so well with my new tile, and since I'm into my rooms flowing, I decided to bring that same color into the kitchen. I knew it would darken the kitchen, but after having a white kitchen, and then a toothpaste kitchen, I was ready for a drastic change.
My good friend, SueG, came over on Tuesday and we painted the kitchen in a day. I figured if I got the kitchen painted it would jump start my husband on new counter-tops and appliances. While he was quite impressed with our work ("Are you sure you didn't hire the neighbors?") he thought the mauve of the counter-top really went well with the new color. Sigh. Apparently it is going to take me hiring the neighbors to get that project done!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

the new color looks really good.

Susan said...

Love the new color! You gals did a nice job! I can't wait to see the finished project:))))