Saturday, April 03, 2010

Flat Stanley's Spring Break Adventures

My niece's class in Chicago read the book Flat Stanley and then each child made her own flat Stanley and mailed them off to various people around the country in hopes that they would take Stanley on adventures. My daughter received Stanley in the mail and her assignment was to take Stanley around with her, photographing his adventures. She was to then write about Florida and what Stanley saw while visiting. Unfortunately, we were only given five days to complete this task and the girls were in school so Stanley was left lying in his envelope forgotten.

My other niece (the Indiana niece) once did this same assignment in her class only she sent us Flat Stella to take on adventures. While she was hopeful that her cousin would embrace this activity it was I who came up with adventures, made a swimming suit for Stella, photographed her, and wrote about her experiences in Florida. Here are those highlights:

Stella poolside
Stella flying high above Florida



Once Spring Break started I noticed Stanley in his envelope, and upon further questioning of my youngest daughter, I learned that my niece had phoned us wondering if we had received Stanley. Hearing this I made Stanley a part of our spring break adventures. Behold:

Stanley joins us on Spring Break
Stanley was given a place of honor at Firehouse Subs

Stanley enjoying a Hook & Ladder sandwich

Playing football....great catch Stanley....I think

Stanley at the movies

Stanley gets close to the dragon!



His adventures ended there, and I'm hoping that will be enough for the class as I'm not sure I can create another bathing suit for a flat person. I searched for Stella's letter to the class, but alas, that was not found so I'm back to starting over again. I'm just hoping that the younger nephews I have living out of town read something else in school!

No comments: