Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Connie Foot Photo #15

This time I took the picture from farther away and Nurse Kelly and I agreed that it showed a better prospective.  Connie was a tad worried that it was deeper this week due to one of her home health nurses jamming the wet gauze into it.  It measured 0.4.  Last week was 0.3 so it was deeper.  The Foot God wasn't too concerned with that.  He came in and studied the wound quite intently.  In one spot there was some bone protruding so out came the rongeur.  Knowing what was coming I closed my eyes and stuck my fingers in my ears so that I wouldn't have to hear that clipping sound.

There was a lot of blood after that procedure.  Again, no dermagraft.  The Foot God is looking, but the pickings are slim.  Nurse Michele wrapped her up and off she went again until next week.  Still to stay off the foot, especially after that cutting today.

To get her out of the house for a bit, and because she had a grocery list, I took her to Publix for some shopping and entertainment.  It was very crowded, but she did get one of the motorized scooters so that I wouldn't have to push the wheelchair and the grocery cart.


No comments: