Monday, April 25, 2011

Three against one

Me:  "Oh, Tom, I forgot to tell you that I borrowed some money out of your wallet the other day."
Tom:  "Uh huh.  I thought I was missing some money.  I just assumed Darcy had taken it."
Darcy:  "What?  Why do I get blamed for everything?  I told her not to take it out of your wallet."
Tom:  "So you were in on it with her! How much did you take?"
Me:  "$10"
Darcy:  "No!  It was $20"
Me:  "It was $10 Darcy.  I took two fives."
Tom:  "Keep talking you two."
Madison:  "It was $10 and she gave the money to me."
Tom:  "So all three of you were in on it!"
Me:  "Oh, boy."
Tom:  "I figured it was between $10 and $20."
Me:  "You don't even know what you have in your wallet?"
Tom:  "I had something between $5 and $20.  And all three of you are thieves."
Me:  "Uh huh, well, I took two fives."  Silence.  "Then I put it back because it was wrong to take money without asking."
Darcy:  "Which is what I told her in the first place."
Tom:  "Then how did Madison get $20."
Madison:  "Mom got it out of her swim book."
Tom:  "I think all three of you are now lying."
Me:  "About what?"
Tom:  "The money you stole from my wallet."
Me:  "What wallet?"
Darcy:  "I didn't see anything and this conversation is making me dizzy."
Madison:  "Can I have $20 Dad?"
 

1 comment:

Kelly said...

hilarious! I feel like I was there. Way to strike while possible iron is hot, Maddie!