Tuesday, April 05, 2011

A dog's life is not what I signed up for

We got this dog.  That I didn't really want.  Because I knew it would fall to me to care for him daily.  I would be the one walking him.  I would be the one feeding him.  I would be the one taking him to potty.  I would be the one picking up the poop.  But Tom got him anyway.  And here he is one year later.  Ingrained in our family.  And I love him.  But seriously?





He is trying my patience.  Especially on raining days.  When he pokes me.  And I take him out in the rain.  And he stands there.  And then he sniffs under a wet plant.  While I get wet.  So I take him back inside.  And he pokes me again.  And again.  And again.  And we go back outside.  This time out back where I can leave him to sniff the yard or the pool.  And he stands at the door and howls.  To be let in.  So I do.  Sigh.

No comments: