Tuesday, October 04, 2011

Absolutely not!

Tom:  "I was looking on the website where we got Elliot."

Me:  "Absolutely not.  Don't even think of it."

Darcy:  "What?  What?"

Tom:  "I don't know what she is talking about.  I was just reading about shelties.  They are very social animals."

Me:  "Yes, yes, I know.  Elliot would love to have another dog as a playmate, but absolutely not."

Darcy:  "Oh, yes.  Elliot, would you like a brother or a sister?  A little sister?"

Tom:  "I bet Elliot would like a brother or sister."

Me:  "Absolutely not!  I'm not kidding.  No more dogs.  End of conversation."

The next morning Tom left to walk Elliot.  It was pitch black outside.  The time was 6:10 AM .  I was on the couch.  Madison was getting dressed.  Tom was gone two minutes and then he was back at the front door.  I went to the door and opened it to find him with this:


Tom:  "I found this dog.  Do you know who it belongs to?"

Me: "What?  Tom!  Did you not hear me yesterday?  I said absolutely not!"



P.S. We returned her to her owners.

1 comment:

Susan said...

YIKES!!! That would be terrible for you if he decides on another dog... I would be looking for another place to live!! hahahaha:)