Wednesday, October 26, 2011

In the golden days

This summer Susan and I spent time visiting relatives on my side of the family.  We spent the day with a cousin and then decided to visit a couple of aunts.  The first aunt was my cousin's mother.  She lived not far from the second aunt who was in a nursing facility at the time.  My cousin knew the name of the nursing facility, but not the address, so she and I quickly picked up our Iphone and began punching in the information.  While we were doing this her husband picked up the phone book and looked up the address.  We made fun of him, despite the fact that we both had the information at roughly the same time. 

He then explained how to get to both places, adding in a Dairy Queen stop for the girls.  Susan and I must have asked too many questions in regards to his directions because the next thing we knew he was drawing out directions...on a napkin, using both sides.



He was very serious in his directions and his penmanship.  His wife and I reminded him we had Iphones with navigating systems built in, but he continued drawing and explaining.  I halfheartedly  paid attention because really who doesn't use their phone to get around now days? 

Turns out we used the map.  The town and its street signs weren't exactly a match on the Iphone.  We drove up and down past both places before we turned to the map and made our way to see both aunts.  I had told my cousin's husband that this map would be on my blog as I found the whole thing so hilarious.  I mean who draws out maps now days?

This is the promised blog entry...and me...eating crow.

No comments: