Monday, October 03, 2011

Monday Morning Sports Recap

Steelers:

  • Sigh.  Defense, defense, defense where are you?  I know that we have hurt players and that we are playing with rookies, but we also have Harrison, Polamalu, Farrior, Timmons, and Clark.  I don't believe that our defense is too old and too slow.  I just don't believe Coach LeBeau and the Rooneys would have kept them if that were the case.  But something is off about that whole defense and until they are back together again working as a team, I feel we are in trouble.
  • How many missed tackles did the defense have yesterday?  Too damn many that is for sure.  I hope they each have to watch the tape today and count the missed tackles each one of them screwed up.  Jeez.
  • Polamalu started off slow again until he sat with Dick LeBeau on the sidelines.  Whatever was said worked because he played the fourth quarter like the Polamalu I'm used to watching.  Unfortunately it was a little too late.
  • The offensive line has got to work harder at giving Big Ben time.  Again by the time they got their mojo going it was too little, too late.
  • Ben made some unbelievable plays and escaped some sacks, but he too is still off.  Maybe getting thrown to the ground is his excuse, and I wouldn't blame him if he used that, but we need him to fire up and lead this team.  He has to believe this team can win and he has to get the team to believe that.
  • Gonna say it again...Ben should have run into the end zone for that first touchdown.  Instead he did his pussy running and sliding nonsense.  Run, Ben, run....into the end zone.  He is a huge guy.  I don't know why he worries about getting tackled when he runs.  He isn't easy to get to the ground.  We see that all the time in the pocket.  He needs that same confidence when running with the ball.
  • And could we stop tackling Ben from behind?  How many times is this poor guy going to land on his leg wrong?  Apparently he left the game in a walking boot.  I'd tweet him the Foot God's number, but I don't think Ben is on twitter.
  • These guys had better show me more next week when I'm at Heinz Field for my very first visit ever!
Other:
  •  How great is it that the Detroit Lions are undefeated?  Great comeback.  Awesome game.  If they make it to the Super Bowl I'm going to wear blue.
  • This year I'm getting soft.  All the teams I usually can't stand I find myself siding with.  I rooted for the Bengals this week.  I'm impressed with Tom Brady's passing yardage.  I keep an eye on the Jets.  I'm also sucking in the pools each week so maybe I need an awakening.  Either that or a drink.
  • How about a shout out to the guy who put the arrows heading the wrong way on the Jaguars home turf this week?  Can you say embarrassed?
  • I'm kind of impressed by how Michael Vick seems to feel responsible for everything the Eagles do or don't do.  It is almost like he feels he has to get a win because of his huge contract.  I wish Ben felt a little more like that.  Yet, I feel like Vick needs to relax more too or this weight is going to damage him.  There is a reason why it is called a team Michael.
  • Hoping the Tampa Bay Rays can win more and keep going.  What a great bunch of guys with a lot of stamina and will power.  Fun to see.  Been fun now for a few years.  You can't help but want to root for a group like that.  Shows people everywhere that to keep working really means something.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

How about them Lions:)
YEAH!!!!