Sunday, October 02, 2011

It's beginning to look and feel like fall in Florida

I decided to start my fall decorating last Thursday.  It was in the 90's, but Elliot and I felt the need to get outside.  I put up the scarecrows that day.  It took about thirty minutes and by the time I was done I was drenched in sweat and cursing the season.

The next day I got started earlier.  I finished the outside with what little decorations I had.  I washed down the front of my house and my little porch.  Elliot barked and jumped around trying to get the water drops.  I cleaned off the chair cushions.  I washed tables and covered them with tablecloths.  I put out my pumpkins.  Elliot knocked them all over.  I put them back up.  Elliot knocked them down again.  By the time the hour was up I was drenched in sweat and cursing the season.


I like decorating for fall.  I like it more than Christmas because I feel I can still incorporate my football flags into the theme.  This year I got even more creative.  I'm still thinking about some Steelers pumpkins.  Perhaps that is a good thing for the girls to work on before today's game.

My neighbors just roll their eyes, but I know they think I'm a genius.  I'm working on the mailbox as well.  I painted the pole the mailbox sits on, but Tom thinks we should get a new box so I'm waiting until he comes around to my way of thinking and buys me the Steelers helmet mailbox at Amazon.  Otherwise I'm going to yellow stripes and put the logo on the box.  I'm not really an artist, but I know people who are.

In the meantime I'm enjoying my little fall/halloween/football decorations.  And yesterday the fall weather floated in to Florida to match my yard.  Don't you just love this season?

No comments: