Friday, October 07, 2011

Pop! Pop! Pop!

My friend, SueG, dupped that because of all the Susan's I know, works the night shift at our children's hospital. The other day she was cleaning up things around the house in preparation for her going to work. She loaded up the dishes and started to run the machine, but realized she was out of dishwasher soap. Knowing her mother had given her some dishwashing tablets to try, she searched her kitchen cabinets and pantry. After several minutes of frantic searching, she gave up and thought. Yes, she did. She shrugged and decided that, despite knowing one shouldn't, she put a couple of squirts of dishwashing liquid in her dishwasher and turned it on.

Me: "Oh, no you didn't. Did it work? I've always wondered that."

She went and took a shower while the machine was washing her dishes, and when she came out into her kitchen the entire floor was covered in bubbles. There wasn't any water on the floor, just bubbles. Everywhere. She had to clean up her kitchen...several times. Then she had to put her dishes through the rinse cycle. Four times. Then she had to leave for work and her husband had to put the dishes through the rinse cycle. Several more times.

Me: "OMG! On TV the bubbles always come pouring out of the dishwasher and I always wondered if that were true. You are such an idiot. Did you take pictures?"

SueG: 'No, I didn't take pictures. I was too busy cleaning up bubbles."

Me: "Because if you had taken pictures I could have blogged about it."

SueG: "Then I'm even more glad I didn't take pictures."

Me: "It doesn't matter. I'm going to blog it anyway. It's too good of a story."

No comments: