Saturday, October 01, 2011

Rays summer concert series

We went to see the Rays last week at the end of their home concert series.  Pay for a ticket to the game and stay afterwards to see a concert.  Saturday it was country night with Miranda Lambert.  She of my fav song this summer, The House that Built Me.  I told Tom I would like to go.  We hadn't been to see the Rays all season and here they were trying to make the playoffs and Miranda Lambert was going to be served up for dessert.  Tickets included a hot dog, drink, and some cracker jacks.  How is that not win win?  He drove to St. Petersburg in the rain and scored some tickets.

It was an unbelievable game.  It was a fun game.  The errors in the first inning alone were worth the price of admission.  The nearly empty stadium started filling up with more fans and the sound grew.  By the time the game was finished the Trop was packed and the crowd rambunctious and high on the win.  Who wouldn't want to play after that?

Miranda came out with a pink guitar (I so want one!) and some spunky sass.  She played like she was singing for 50,000 people.  She did some new songs and she played some old songs.  She danced around the stage swinging her blonde hair and jamming.


 She chatted up the crowd.  She talked about her new album.  She talked about being Mrs. Blake Shelton.  She sang her songs about being a bad girl.  She played the part well.  She was tons of fun.


Our friends had joined us after the game and we sat together.  Miranda sang my song and I got teary.  I sang along.  My friend and I bee bopped in our chairs.  I swung my hair along with her.  We rocked out to some rock songs.  We embarrassed our kids.

Her band members were smooth on their instruments and choice of clothing.  They all put on an unbelievable show for one great night.  I had a blast.  I didn't know until after the game heading home when Miranda tweeted that she wasn't feeling well.  She said she hoped she did right by us. 

She did!

No comments: