Sunday, February 05, 2012

Coconut Chicken Curry Soup

As many people know I am not the gourmet chef. Most of the time I don't even like cooking, but there are days that I'm in the zone and actually produce something quite delicious. Lately, I have had brain farts when it comes to even deciding what to have for dinner. If I can plan my weekly menus on Sunday and purchase the ingredients on Monday then I'm golden, but if come Monday I have nothing thought out I panic and dinner and my temperament just goes downhill from there.

Every weekend I peruse the Internet hoping for a site of weekly menus that will inspire and save me from destruction. I use to have a great site, but like many she moved on and up and began charging for her new identity. I didn't choose to follow or pay up, and I was left alone out in the world without dinner direction. Last week I found this blog site where I found a recipe from a guest blogger that sounded different, easy, and delicious, and totally out of my comfort zone.  But with Madison's pushing I made it and everyone loved it!  So I'm linking to the site so others can make it too!

I pretty much followed the recipe the way she spells it out, but I'd also like to try it in a crockpot too.  I will also admit that I was pressed for time the night I made this so I picked up a container of chopped peppers that my grocery offers in their pre-made food section.  It had onions, yellow peppers, red peppers, and green peppers.  Made my life easier and since it was chopped my kids didn't complain or pick out the peppers.  Next time I will add broccoli to the recipe as I think it would have been delicious in it too.  I would prefer the broth to be a tad heavier, but my kids liked the soupy aspect of it.  We ate it over jasmine rice and it got slurped down by all of us.  Try it!

Thanks thisweekfordinner.com for sharing your wonderful site!  And thanks to your guest blogger Katie Goodman for the recipe.

No comments: