Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Connie foot photo & update

I quit posting pictures of Connie's wound every week because nothing much was happening and I said I would post if anything did happen.  I hadn't seen the wound in several weeks, but got to take a peek at it today at her infectious disease appointment.  Right now Connie is going five days a week to climb into a hyperbaric chamber where she receives one hundred percent oxygen in hopes that it will help heal her foot. She is also receiving daily IV antibiotics for some bone infection, and the two combined are suppose to work magic. Unfortunately, no magic has occurred.


The wound clinic where she receives the chamber treatments is one that the Foot God periodically appears in to help patients. The deal was that he would see Connie there while she was receiving the treatments, but he hasn't had enough patients there lately to warrant his being there, and so we have had to hike from the clinic to the Foot God's office and it has gotten to be too much; for Connie and for me. I called his office today to let them know that we would just like to have the wound clinic doctor take over for as long as she receives the chamber treatments. As I was unable to communicate with the Foot God himself (not that he is much of a communicator), I talked to Nurse Michelle who promised to pass the information on to his majesty, but she didn't see a problem. She told me that if she didn't call me back he was agreeable, and after I hung up, I realized I don't care one way or the other if he was agreeable.  He has worked for almost 18 months on this wound and now we have to try something and someone new. I believe he has exhausted his means and expertise and probably has passed us on to the wound clinic in hopes that we would do just this very thing. I'm sure he is as tired of us as we are of him; although I think him quite adorable and am probably one of a hand full of people who understand his manner and personality.  Nurse Michelle ended up calling me back and telling me the Foot God was fine with moving on, but that he would still like to see her every four weeks to keep on top of things.  Ah!

So that is the situation thus far. I would have liked to have had a photo of Connie in the chamber sucking down oxygen, but something tells me that that isn't going to be allowed. I try sneaking back each time I arrive to pick her up, but so far I have been thwarted and then I have to pretend I'm looking for the restroom. They probably wonder if I need the chamber myself for memory loss.

 More details if anything new happens or changes.

No comments: