Friday, February 03, 2012

Now this is more like it!

Saturday while walking to the field to watch Darcy play soccer my strap on my Kelsyus chair broke.  The chair was given to me as a gift and was used when watching my girls play soccer last year.  After the soccer season it is put away until the following November soccer season begins.  The chair is a Kelsyus original canopy chair in blue that folds up in itself and buckles.  It has two straps to carry the chair on your back.  This season the first strap broke the very first game as I hauled it across several soccer fields.  Saturday the second strap broke.  Kelly was with me, and because I was whining, stuck her arm down inside the chair, lifted it high in the air, and carried it like a huge cast on her arm.

Toward the end of the game Kelly pointed out to me how the arms of the chair were pulling apart at the seams.  She mentioned how her cheap Walmart chair that didn't cost nearly as much as my Kelsyus chair had held up just beautifully through the years without so much as a smudge or loose thread.  As the game began winding down and our players began throwing arms into the air in defeat, I decided I couldn't watch anymore and instead looked up the Kelsyus website on my Iphone.  There was an area to leave a comment so I posted my issues with the chair, left my name and address, and stated that I thought their products should have lasted longer.  Parents around me made fun of me because while intent on leaving my comments I missed my daughter scoring. 

A few days later I checked the email that I use for such things and didn't see any response from them.  I wondered briefly if the comment had gone through as I was on my Iphone with the sun shining brightly, making it difficult to see what I was doing.  I contemplated submitting it again, but figured that would be overkill, and then I promptly forgot about the whole thing.

Today when I arrived home from my long day it was to find a long, narrow box in my doorway with my name on it.  Inside was a brand new Kelsyus original canopy chair.  No note, no email, just a brand new chair.  Now that is what I call custom service!  Are you reading this McDonalds?

1 comment:

K Anne said...

so who gets your old one????