Thursday, February 23, 2012

To contest or not contest

Quite a few of the blogs I read offer contests to win various products offered by an advertiser or products the blogger himself uses and wants to pass along.  Most of these contests have to do with leaving comments and being randomly chosen by some computer program.  I don't have enough readers to offer contests or products, but if I did I would want to make it a competitive contest.  I'm a competitive person and a contest means using skill and wits and ability whether it be mental or athletic.  Then I could group all of the people who answered correctly and have some computer program pick the winner. 

That got me to thinking.  What sort of question would I ask?  I could ask something regarding the product I was using as the prize.  Or I could just ask some random question like this one:

Which one will my husband read first?

But then I realized that isn't a fair question for those who don't know my husband.  So I'm back to the drawing board in case my readership levels up and I'm able to hold real contests.  In the meantime, just for fun, let's see who gets this answer correct.  There will absolutely be no prize awarded.  Just the satisfaction of knowing that you know my husband all too well.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Knowing where your husband works...the SI swimsuit edition was already looked at while he was in his office...As far as when he comes home and picks up one of these it would be the dog magazine?? :)

I love the ads, I hope your making lots of money!!

cmkerwin said...

Susan, you are right about the Fetch magazine! He has not read the SI, just glanced through it. That is my magazine! Tom says that is why you are the #2 wife.