Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Two month 2012 resolution check

My resolutions for 2012 are as follows and a score between 1 - 10 with 10 being the best score:
  1. To "work on" not chewing my nails - Okay, this hasn't been as bad as I thought it would be.  I started out gung ho the first few weeks trying different things like wearing gloves and rubbing olive oil on my nails.  The one trick that I have used the most is to have "chewing" fingers that I'm actually allowed to chew.  I have given these to my thumbs and one finger on my left hand.  The fingers on my right hand have all grown out and so have the three on my left.  I still put them in my mouth, but have done a good job I think.  Score: 8 
  2. To lower my cholesterol - This is one that I have to just score on the things I've done to lower my cholesterol as I only get it checked every 6 months.  So far these past two months I have added exercising to my regime.  I have cut back on the sugary sodas.  I had to wait on adding the fish oil pills until I had seen my gastro doc, but we are good to go so that will be for next month.  Score: 6
  3. To find time and do things only for myself - So far this one hasn't happened as Connie is my responsibility at the moment and she is in the hyperbaric chamber 5 days a week.  I have to drive her there and wait for the three hours it takes.  I go to the gym during some of this time as I can't go home because I'm too far away drive time.  I don't feel this is any fault of my own, so I'm giving this a pass.  Score: N/A
  4. To do a better job of keeping on top of my SAHMly chores - Definitely haven't done this one in two months.  I started out giving it the old college try, but for some reason (dislike cleaning?) I just can't get into the groove.  Could put the same blame as the above resolution, but won't.  Score:  2
  5. To say something nice to every person I come into contact with daily - This has been an interesting resolution and one that I traded out with another resolution I made which was to have a monthly theme song.  That one proved too difficult as my moods switched from day to day and having a monthly theme song just wasn't going to work when I was pissed and would have preferred Jo Dee Messina's My Give A Damn's Busted and instead my monthly theme song was Happy Days.  So I decided that finding something nice to say to someone would be a better one for me.  I didn't know how difficult it would be.  It isn't always easy to remember to do, first of all, but then it isn't always easy to do when that someone might just be a big pain in the ass.  But I think it a worthwhile thing to do because it can deflate the mood at times.  Score:  6
 Total:  22 out of 40 (since I didn't count #3)  A good score for the first two months, I think.

No comments: