Sunday, December 22, 2013

NFL picks week 16

Last Week - 10-6
Overall - 145 - 79

Miami over Buffalo - Too much at stake for the Dolphins to lose.

Cincinnati over Minnesota - The Bengals are coming off a spanking by their AFC division rivals so they will be looking for redemption despite their playoff clinch. The Vikings aren't going anywhere, but they aren't quitting either so they might make the Bengals work for it. 

Kansas City over Indianapolis - Chiefs. I might just be picking them as the Super Bowl champs. They really want it I think and I love that. I want teams to want the win and they look so good right now. 

St. Louis over Tampa Bay - Do I really need to explain this pick? It's a hit or miss with the Bucs and neither team is going further this season, but the Rams aren't quitting while the Bucs aren't sure what they are doing. 

Jets over Cleveland - Rex Ryan is pulling his "I'm going to be fired speech" in the locker room, but I just think the Jets are playing better football then the Browns. 

Dallas over Washington - Tony is another looking for redemption after last week's debacle. The Redskins? I don't even know what to say about their debacle in house. 

New Orleans over Carolina - I would have picked the Panthers if the Saints had won last week, but when Bree's loses one he doesn't want to lose another back to back. Then again the Panthers and Cam Newton are on fire. Should be a good game. 

Tennessee over Jacksonville - Does anyone even know these two are playing? I tossed a coin. 

Denver over Houston - Peyton, Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the year, Manning needs to break Tom Brady's record of 50 TD's and, like Drew Bree's, he doesn't like losing especially back to back. The Texans, on the other hand, are actively searching for a coach and have already ended this season. 

Detroit over Giants - The Lions need to prove everyone wrong. The Lions need to win. The Lions need to add to Eli's interception stat. The Lions need to win. 

Seattle over Arizona - The Cardinals are the surprise of the season, but the Seahawks...well those birds are flying high, especially when at home with that stadium and that crowd. 

Pittsburgh over Green Bay - Both teams are "in the hunt", which with those records is laughable. I've had to host Packers die hard fans in my house today, one of whom would only step in as far as the doorway. Surely the Steelers will play like they want it. That is my Christmas wish. That and my brother showing up to surprise us all. 

San Diego over Oakland - The Chargers need it. Not sure what Oakland needs. 

New England over Baltimore - This is the big one. A win for the Patriots locks them into the second seed. A win for the Ravens moves them closer to a lock in the playoffs. I hate both teams, but I'll take Brady over Flacco for obvious reasons. 

Philadelphia over Chicago - The Eagles are the better team.  That team needs to show up today. The Bears need a win to stay in the hunt. Should be a good game. 

San Francisco over Atlanta - I think the Falcons fans have already put a fork in this team. If they haven't yet, they will after today.

No comments: