Sunday, December 29, 2013

NFL picks week 17

Last Week -  11 - 5
Overall -156 - 83

Atlanta over Carolina - I don't know.  I just think for the Panthers sake this would be the one to lose.  Winning in a row is hard and eventually you lose; the odds are against you.  I think the odds are against them today.

Baltimore over Cincinnati - The Ravens have to win to even have a chance to continue.  The Bengals are in.  I'm not sure how big a rivalry this team is.  Who hates the Steelers more?

Tennessee over Houston - Is anyone even watching this one?

Indianapolis over Jacksonville - Unless the Colts play their entire second string I don't see the Jags pulling out the win.

Jets over Miami - Perhaps this is wishful thinking?  The Jets play when it doesn't matter.  Miami, like Pittsburgh, is wishy washy.  Miami has the best chance of the teams "in the hunt" in the AFC.  Maybe they play today like they deserve it.  Maybe the Jets play like they deserve it.  Toss up.

Detroit over Minnesota - Uh, yeah.  What happened with the Lions?  No Adrian Peterson today so seriously, the Lions should at least win this one.

Giants over Washington - I don't know.  Another toss up.  I just went with Eli because I like him better then the Redskins second stringer.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - Could be some of these guys last game in a Steelers jersey, including my boy Troy Polamalu (what will I do with my fathead???).  I think they win.

Green Bay over Chicago - This is a huge rivalry.  It is in Chicago and Cutler and Company play better when there, but I don't know.  The Packers have just plain hung in there without their quarterback, who I hear is playing today (not a good call in my book).  I like them over the Bears.

Denver over Oakland - Peyton adds to his touchdowns today?  Maybe.  Might have to get at least one more to shut up Wade Phillips.

New England over Buffalo - The Pats are on a roll.

New Orleans over Tampa Bay - The Saints have more at stake.

San Francisco over Arizona - I would love to see Bruce Arians take the win, but Harbaugh doesn't like to lose.

Kansas City over San Diego - This is the game to watch today.  Always a good one.  The Chargers could flat out run all over the Chiefs, but then again the Chiefs could just continue to roll right to the Bowl.  Maybe my pick is another wishful thought.

Seattle over St. Louis - The Seahawks don't like losing either so they will play hard to prove to everyone and themselves that they have this path to the Bowl.

Philadelphia over Dallas - Tony Romo is out.  Even with him in the Cowboys don't play like they mean it.  The Eagles will destroy them.

No comments: