Sunday, September 07, 2014

2014 NFL Picks - Week #1

Week one is sort of a guess unless you've been keeping great stats on preseason. Something I can assure you I do not. Kelly's work pool has been closed this year so my only game is with Yahoo's pick'em pool where I don't rake in the dough like I did with Kelly's work pool. Tee hee.

Seattle over Green Bay - The Super Bowl champions in the past have typically lost their first game of the new season if I remember correctly. I don't think that will happen this year in Seattle. Most of the big name players have returned and are ready to repeat. I'm not one of those people on the Aaron Rogers bandwagon. He's good, but you also need a team to help you be good. Green Bay won't be that good over the Seahawks.

New Orleans over Atlanta - First I went with Atlanta. Then I changed to New Orleans. Then I hemmed and hawed and finally stayed put. That might not have been smart.

Chicago over Buffalo - The Bills practiced with the Bucs this summer. I'm not sure that did them any favors.

Kansas City over Tennessee - The Chiefs still have stuff to prove. I'm not feeling the Titans.

St. Louis over Minnesota - Does anyone even know this game is happening, but the respected teams and fans? I'll have to know more about these teams before I can get excited.

New England over Miami - I'm still annoyed with the Dolphins for last year's locker room fiasco. Tom Brady will come out throwing. He has some making up to do to close in on Peyton Manning's last years numbers.

Jets over Oakland - Another snoozer for me, but everyone seemed to think the Jets were the better team so I went with the experts pick here.

Philadelphia over Jacksonville - I think the Eagles are the team to beat this year in the NFC. The Jaguars have a lot of making up to do. It won't happen this week.

Pittsburgh over Cleveland - Johnny who? The Steelers defense will welcome him to the NFL.

Baltimore over Cincinnati - I went with the Ravens because they are at home. Bottom line.

Washington over Houston - I'm sorry, but the whole Redskin name thing doesn't interest me one way or the other. Frankly, the NFL has other more pressing issues that we should be focused on like wife beaters still playing in the league. But RGIII needs to come out winning so he'll ignore whether or not certain announcers utter the team name and come out throwing.

San Francisco over Dallas - I had to think about this one and even now I think it a toss up. Dallas at home? I went with Jim Harbaugh's competitive spirit.

Tampa Bay over Carolina - Call me crazy. This is my wildcard.

Denver over Indianapolis - I hope this game is on in my area. I hope Peyton kicks the Colts all over his field this time. I'm glad Irsay won't be there, and I hope he spends his day shouting at his tv.

Giants over Detroit - Another game that I just went with my gut. Haven't a clue about either team at this point.

Arizona over San Diego - The Cardinals keep taking Steelers players due to the revolving coach door. I still believe in those ex-Steelers. I say Arizona wins. I also say I'll have to tape the game and watch it on Tuesday.









1 comment:

Michelle said...

I love Peyton, but GO COLTS! Indianapolis is the only team Peyton Manning has not defeated! Pretty sure that is going to change after today....BUT GO COLTS!!