Saturday, September 27, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. I changed the title of my blog. Maybe I'll change it again. With the growth of my children, my job is changing daily. I'm thinking maybe chauffeuring should be in there somewhere.
  2. How great was Derek Jeter's last game in Yankee Stadium? A walk-off hit to end a storybook career. Doesn't get any better than that. That is the way the great ones go. Now he comes home to Florida. Could a Rays job be next?
  3. I need a folder to keep all of the great ideas and recipes I see on Facebook. But then I remember that there is no way in hell they will ever turn out as good as the pictures I'm looking at, there is no way I will ever do or make any of them, and there is no way I need another useless folder lying around on my desk.
  4. Why are boxes so pricey? I'm thinking I need a business where I collect and distribute boxes to people for mailing. Free. Then again that isn't much of a business, is it? But seriously, there are so many boxes out there in dumpsters and yet I'm having to buy one to mail things. Something is wrong somewhere.
  5. My Publix, my favorite neighborhood grocery that has been demolished and rebuilt, opens next Thursday. I told my kids we are camping out the night before and skipping school to be the first ones to enter it. They aren't so on board with that.

No comments: