Sunday, September 14, 2014

NFL 2014 picks - Week 2

Last Week - 7 - 16
Overall - 7 - 16

Okay, so last week wasn't so great. I paid way too much attention to what others were predicting instead of going with my gut own football knowledge. No more. This week I'm going with me!

Pittsburgh over Baltimore - Yeah, well, I never bet against my own team. What kind of fan does that?

Miami over Buffalo - I will have more opportunity this week to view other games then I did last week. It is still early in the season and I'm not quite acclimated yet, but Miami put up some numbers last week and Mike Wallace seems over his pouting.

Cincinnati over Atlanta - Yes, I know that Matt Ryan and company overcame yada, yada, but the Bengals I think are better. Of course, I would prefer the Falcons to win, but in making my picks I have to go with my gut knowledge and not my heart.

New Orleans over Cleveland - The Browns played a hell of a second half last week against Pittsburgh, but Sean Payton and Drew Brees don't like losing.

Tennessee over Dallas - Poor Tony Romo. It's almost like he plays for Tampa Bay. What happened with them last week? Maybe they will get the kinks worked out, but it seems like the Cowboys have way too many kinks to work out by week 2.

New England over Minnesota - Tom Brady spent more time on the ground last week then he was upright. Unlike Ben Roethlisberger, I picture Brady talking to his offensive line. Plus, the Vikings will be without Adrian Peterson, he of the "whooping" era of 1966.

Arizona over Giants - Don't know either one of these teams yet, but the Giants just seem as pitiful as they were last year. The Cardinals have our boy Sanders, not someone I thought the Steelers should have released, so I'm going with them.

Washington over Jacksonville - My toss up. Could go either way.

Detroit over Carolina - I hope I get this game this week because the buzz on the Lions last week was huge. Carolina played the Bucs last week and winning against them isn't saying much even with your back-up quarterback.

Seattle over San Diego - Can anyone even beat the Seahawks?

Tampa Bay over St. Louis - Boring game to be watching on a week the Steelers don't play on Sunday. I went with the home team because, god love them, they could really use a win for a change.

Denver over Kansas City - What happened last week to the Chiefs? Is this what happens to teams that lose a key player? Or players? Gone for the season are linebacker Derrick Johnson and defensive end Mike DeVito, both hurt in the season opener. Do teams not think players will get hurt? I would be working hard for back-ups just as good as the first string at this rate. On the other side, the Broncos weren't great, they let the Colts manage a nice comeback, but I'll go with Peyton any day home or away.

Green Bay over the Jets - I said I wasn't on the Aaron Rogers bandwagon last week, but at home he is the man. Especially against a mediocre team.

Houston over Oakland - Another toss up and another two teams I'm not knowledgeable about yet. My buddy always says go with home team when you feel like flipping a coin, but the Raiders? I don't know, I went with the Texans.

San Francisco over Chicago - The scuttlebutt is that Harbaugh won't be coaching the 49'ers next year. Odd. He has done more for the team in his three years then they have had in the last ten. Either way he likes to win and his quarterback is a hustler. The Bears? Their quarterback? He is an enigma.

Philadelphia over Indianapolis - Well, this is my wildcard. Both good team. Colts at home are phenomenal. But everything I observed in the off season says the Eagles are the sleeper team in the AFC. Plus the Colts got banged up last week and might be without players. Either way, I'm going rogue.

No comments: