Saturday, September 20, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. Technology only happens for me upon force. The same with my friend. She and I had an early meeting Friday and her husband kept interrupting us to remind her they needed to get to the store to pick up their new IPhone 6's. She could have cared less. Thirty minutes after receiving hers she dropped it and cracked the front.
  2. Our weather here is slyly changing, ever so subtle. Just in time for me as I adapt to what I think is hot flashes. And to top that off I come from a family of sweaters (not the garmet) so add in the flashes with that and cooler weather, even by five degrees, is a blessing for me. 
  3. Tonight is homecoming for the girls. Both are going, Maddy with a group of girls and Darcy with a date.  It will be our first experience taking the photos with his parents and all of that stuff. I'll have to clean my house. (Madison rolls eyes...blog coming up on that soon)
  4. I wrote my first grant this week in between high school drama, laundry, football, and rainy weather. That didn't leave much time for blogging. I have got to manage my time better and get into a more organized routine. I am pretty proud of the job I did on the grant, but everything I read said not to get my hopes up as statistics show first timers usually get rejected. Way to pump people up!
  5. I still haven't gotten over the Thursday Night NFL game. Tampa, Tampa, Tampa. (Shaking my head sadly)

No comments: