Saturday, September 13, 2014

5 things to start the weekend

  1. Our weather this morning is beautiful. I actually was on dog duty as Tom worked into the wee hours of morning and slept in. Elliot pranced around the neighborhood chasing egrets and I didn't even break a sweat. Something tells me I shouldn't get too excited. This is Florida after all.
  2. I went to The Condo last week and did the usual of flushing toilets and checking phone messages. Usually the messages are political or some company wanting to take our timeshare off of our hands, but this time there was a real message. It was from a woman my mother use to babysit back in the day. She was looking for my mom. I got a hold of her and gave her the bad news, but talking to her was a treat. She idolized my mom and told me stories of when my mom babysat her. It was nice to remember that side of my mom.
  3. I'm obsessed with Parenthood on Netflix. I watch it daily, and just like my farming with Farmville 2, my other current obsession, it is carrying over in my daily life. I was cleaning Darcy's room yesterday, something I do periodically after weeks of neglect on the girls' part, when I noticed a brown paper bag hidden behind her trashcan. At least I thought it was hidden because we don't have brown paper bags in this house and this particular bag had what looked like a glass bottle in it. The top of the bag was wrapped around the bottle and my thought was, because of the trials and tribulations that occur in Parenthood, my daughter had liquor. Neither of my girls show any interest in alcohol and I didn't really think there was liquor in the bag, but it was odd. Turns out it was a can of spray sunscreen. I'm thinking about skipping episodes of Parenthood this weekend just to take a break.
  4. I've begun having hot flashes in the last two weeks. They just hit me and suddenly I'm sweating and feeling flushed. They last about one minute and then I'm cold. Unfortunately, the coolness doesn't last long either. Then it's back to normal. Great. Something to look forward to. Menopause before I'm even 50.
  5. I've brought out the scrubs for the season. I wore them last night after showering for our Friday night television because pajamas just seemed too early. They were a tad too hot and I rolled up the bottoms to my knees. And then I thought how I should invent capri scrubs. But then I realized that the whole point of scrubs was to catch the blood and grossness from patients so I thought some more. My line of capri scrubs will be for wannabe doctors or for those who play them in life.

No comments: