Wednesday, October 12, 2016

5 Midweek musings


  • Has anyone else noticed that this fall season of television has the same actors guest starring on different shows? It's driving me crazy. Tate Ellington from Quantico has shown up on Rosewood and The Blacklist playing a nut case both times. I wanted to shout, "He's really an FBI agent undercover!" Also, spotted Scandal's Matthew Del Negro as a suspect on Elementary. I'm having a hard time with them portraying someone else while still currently on another show. "That's the President's Chief of Staff's husband, not the bomber!" Have we run out of actors? Because if so I have a nephew who has a resume.
  • During a visit to my dentist wearing my Steelers shirt, his dental assistant wanted to engage me in a discussion regarding Colin Kaepernick and his kneeling during the National Anthem. She didn't like my response and proceeded, in a strangled voice, invading my personal space, to tell me that 78% of African Americans were criminals. It was the most stomach churning bunch of crap I've heard, and it made me want to put my hand on Kaepernick's shoulder while he knelt.
  • We have one month left in the "hurricane" season. Do the storms in the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico know this?
  • Swim season is ending soon for my daughter. Her last swim season. It feels like yesterday when I watched her swim her first season. Why does time seem to go faster when you are a parent then when you are a child?
  • My purging has settled down some. I got rid of a lot, but not enough. Where did all of this stuff come from? How is it we accumulate so much? My desk alone is full of nonsense. I realized that my mother's death, my friend's son's burning of his apartment, and the recent hurricanes have made me want to purge, but this week I really came to the conclusion that it is my lack of a coffee table and end table since purchasing my new couches that really has made me see the simplicity of less.

No comments: