Monday, October 09, 2017

Indiana trip leg 2

Indiana has always been in my blood. I consider it my home despite now having lived in Florida longer. It's my happy place in many ways.  I can listen to Miranda Lambert's song, The House That Built Me, picture my home and childhood in Indiana and cry. It was a great life and I have great memories. Coming home again to visit is always sentimental.

I hadn't been back to our farm since my aunt died, and although I saw a lot of my relatives on leg 1, I still wanted to see the family homestead. My SIL took over chauffeur duties at this point and indulged me. I walked the farm and its land, stared for a while at my aunt's house, visited my father's grave site, and popped in on a cousin. We attempted other pop ins, but no one was home and so we took selfies of us on their property so they would worry about what we had been into. It was nice reacquainting with my roots.








The saying goes that you can't go home again, but I'm a firm believer that you can and that it is important to do so. So glad I'm on this journey. Next time I won't wait three years.


2 comments:

A simple life said...

Good. Because they are cars to clean, boxes of crap to organize and sweet, sweet kiddos who need cheerleaders at their activities.

A simple life said...

And also...clicked on the add...you have easy canvas today! Tell Susan that is where I ordered the big prints on my stairway!