Saturday, October 14, 2017

Traveling through Indiana

The weather turned a few days ago. Jeans weather. Unfortunately, with that weather came rain. Not the kind of rain I'm used to in Florida that comes intermittently and lasts in a blink of an eye, but a torrential rain that flooded the yard and lingered for days, sometimes spitting and other times pouring. The sun that had been awaking me as it rose above my bedroom window was missing and Susan and I quickly got into a pattern of staying up late and sleeping later.


Wednesday we hit the road to visit my niece in college. I got to see her dorm, but wandering the campus had to be done by car since the rain followed us. We took her out for dinner and then shopping for college essentials, food, toilet paper, etc. I got to meet her roommate and one of her suite mates, but we got a late start back home because her mother did not approve of the conditions of the bathroom the suite mates share.




A couple of days later, on a day where the sun actually peeked out for longer than an hour, we traveled again for a cook out with family. My sister invited us to her house where we ate TONS of homemade dishes with our other sister, husbands, nieces and nephews, and in-laws. My brother took time off of work to drive us the two hours to her house where he actually got to meet some of the younger nieces and nephews for the first time.


We attempted to take family photos at the end of the evening, and I truly wish we had video of that because hilarity ensued, and I laughed so hard I cried. Apparently, and we all noticed this when looking through the photos on the way home, so did my sister.


We did, however, get a decent enough photo that we can display in our house, but the memories of the evening are priceless. Thanks Sue for hosting all of us before your vacation! 


The fall weather on both road trips was beautiful. I took a few pictures out the window, but doing so while my brother drove was a tad difficult as he swerved a lot to knock me off balance. He also turned on my seat warmer at one point before we arrived at our destination and it took me too long to figure out why I was on fire on my backside. I arrived with my shirt and jeans soaked with sweat. The family thought that hilarious.





We also popped in on my soon to be niece (when she ties the knot with my brother's son) who lived just down the road from my sister before heading home in the dark to listen to the rain all through the night. Traveling is over now until I head home on the plane, but I truly enjoy traveling the state especially in the fall.

2 comments:

Joyce said...

This looks a bit like that service station that we stopped at in Florida on the way to see Evie's orangutan! Any flies?

Joyce said...

This looks a bit like that service station that we stopped at in Florida on the way to see Evie's orangutan! Any flies?