Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Out of the mouths of my babes

Recently, I've had conversations regarding characters from television or history that younger adults don't know. This Sunday, watching the Fox NFL Pregame Show the same thing happened with Terry Bradshaw who admitted he didn't know who the younger hosts were referring to, and I laughed and shook my head. Youth vs. Age.

Later in the day, Darcy set off to get some new glasses with her new prescription. After narrowing down four frames, she Facetimed me to get my opinion. (The new college boy toy was with her, but she still needed her mom's opinion. My heart grew!) She kept trying on different glasses, one of them a red pair.

Me: "You look like Sally Jessie Raphael"

Her: "Yeah, I don't know who that is,"

Me: "Oh, my, and I suppose you don't know who Fred Flintstone is either, right?"

Darcy: "Don't be ridiculous, Mom. I grew up eating Fruity Pebbles."






No comments: