Thursday, September 16, 2010

Tasty Thursdays

I've come across some new food and drink items this past week and so I thought a weekly post would be fun.  Feel free to join me.  Each Thursday I shall post a new food or drink item that I'm enjoying and then you will go out and buy it and enjoy it too BECAUSE I DO.  If you want, please post on your blog your tasty treats too.


My friend Kelly purchased a box of these (sea salt & olive oil) while we were vacationing in Disney World.  They have become my new favorite daily luncheon with different types of cheeses and lunchmeats.  I also eat them by the handful plain.  In Florida crackers do not stay fresh for long despite being wrapped in plastic, foil, and thermal blankets.  Usually they are stale by the second day, but these little babies?  These crackers are still so fresh each day without any wrapping that they still crack and crunch when I bite into them.

I haven't tried the other flavor, but I purchased a box today at our grocery.  It wasn't easy to find as two men with carts were in the aisle chatting with one another instead of restocking the shelves like they were suppose to be doing.  The cracker man's cart full of boxes of Wheat Thins was blocking one third of the aisle, and I tried peeking around it, over it, and under it in search of these crackers whose name I couldn't remember.  Finally I left the aisle and finished my other shopping only to return once more because I was determined.  The man saw me, remembered me from a minute before, and moved his cart where I found my crackers ON SALE.  Only they didn't have the sea salt and olive oil.  Sigh.  I shall try another grocery this weekend, but in the meantime I'm cracking open the new box tomorrow!

No comments: