Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Football Wrap-up

Steelers Game:
  • Another Troy Polamalu interception, but the best defensive move he made was the sack at the one yard line where he literally jumped over the line to get to the Titan's quarterback.  The man is the bomb!  And all of this after having welcomed a new baby boy to his family a few days before the game.  I just can't get enough of this man!
  • Defense is looking amazing.  Nice to see the curtain hanging again once more.  Hats off to Timmons, Harrison, Polamalu, and the boys.
  • Longest game of my life.  After the first half my buddy and I felt like we had just spent 6 hours watching the game or been through a war.  Tough game when it is all defensive.
  • Again I don't get starting Dixon at quarterback when we have a veteran on the sidelines, but I certainly didn't like seeing Dixon being driven away on the cart.  Then Batch comes in to play and doesn't get to throw?  Not sure the cautious way was right, but I can't complain as we put a W in the column.
Around the NFL:
  • The Manning bowl turned out to be a snoozer, and I watched it in the ER at the hospital.  Peyton must have given his defense a talking to, don't you think?  Still nice to see two well respected, just plain good guys going at it.  No disrespecting of women from these two.
  • Then Giants running back Brandon Jacobs throws his helmet into the crowd because he is boo hooing his team's poor play?  I'm not sure I buy the whole I was throwing it at the bench and it happened to fly upwards 10 rows.  And where was NBC's coverage of that excitement?  Only thing we saw was the guy who refused to hand over the helmet.  
  • Guess the Jets didn't like all the press they were receiving so they went out and played to shut everyone up.  Worked well.  Always love to see the Patriots lose.
  • So the Vikings lose two in a row and we all the talk is whether or not it is Favre's fault.  Sigh.  Team, people, team.  Yes, the quarterback is the leader, but the team too has to stand up and play.  Vikings should take a look at the Steelers team.
  • I didn't pick the Detroit Lions to win, but I have to say I was pulling for them there at the end.
  • Jeez, that pool was a wash out for me.  Gotta get it back next week!

No comments: