Saturday, June 30, 2012

6 month 2012 resolution check

  1. To "work on" not chewing my nails - I was a monster on this in the beginning with 7 fingernails growing like weeds.  Then they began breaking.  I went from seven nails to 2 nails and suddenly I was chewing again.  I have only one semi-long nail now and tons of stress that isn't helping me in this resolution.  Score: 1
  2. To lower my cholesterol - I had my cholesterol checked in December before I saw my doctor and it was 242, the highest I have ever had it.  She wasn't concerned and knew I could lower it.  I had to discuss some things with my gastro doc before I could resume fish oil pills, but once I got the okay for that I started back on them at the end of March.  I also started working on eating better.  I tested again in the beginning of June and the nurse called to say the doctor wanted to put me on cholesterol medicine because it was still too high.  I asked what it was and found that it had gone from 242 to 214.  Huh?  I refused medication and explained that I had only just started with the fish oil pills the last two months.  We agreed to let me keep working toward getting it under 200.  So...dammit I did lower my cholesterol!  Score: 10
  3. To find time and do things only for myself - For some reason I only just remembered this resolution recently.  Probably because I never think of myself....snicker, snicker.  I went to the movies this week by myself between drop offs and pick ups of children at summer activities.  When I mentioned it to people, all but one, said, "What?  You went to the movies?  You went to the movies?" as if this wasn't allowed.  Only Kelly said, "You need to do that more often, Cara."  Jeez! Perhaps the people around me are making me feel too guilty to work on this one! I think I'll score me half just because of that.  Score: 5
  4. To do a better job of keeping on top of my SAHMly chores - Whoa!  Another one I forgot!  Oops!  Maybe next year I should only do one resolution so I can keep abreast of these babies.  Cleaning has not gotten more exciting in my life, and I just don't give a damn about it.  I just took my laundry basket of dirty clothes into the "laundry garage" and when I set it down it fell over and knocked over the laundry sorter.  I just turned around and went back inside.  That's not really the attitude I was looking for in this resolution.  Score:  0
  5. To say something nice to every person I come into contact with daily - This is one that I think about, although don't always do.  It is a hard one since I might come into contact with tons of people one day and only a few the next.  But I really am a nice person and thus I think I do a fairly decent job on this one.  It isn't a ten, but it is decent.  Score:  6
 Total:  22 out of 50 - I'm going to have to step up my game these last six months.  I'm aiming for perfection and this isn't even half at the half.

No comments: