Sunday, June 17, 2012

It's magic

This afternoon while rushing to clean up the kitchen after a bout of baking Darcy's friend, Savanna, peered up under the microwave, which is over the stove, looking for the switch to turn off the stove light. Casually, I leaned over to peer under with her while my hand found the button on the microwave. Taking a big breath I blew out the light and her mouth fell open.

"How did you do that?" she asked in wonderment before reality hit her and she discovered the button.

I laughed and told her that my father was famous for that blow out the light technique. He would turn off lights that way when we left a room and he would blow on stoplights to turn them green. We thought he was magical. She thought that was cool.

A good memory for Father's Day.

No comments: