Sunday, June 17, 2012

Vacation Photos

This was the first ride everyone went on.  The girls and Tom went on it first because I thought it was a type of roller coaster and I don't do those.  It turned out to be a train ride, albeit high in the sky, around Seussville.  I got on it about the time they got off so they had to wait for me.  I got in a car with a family of three and the father and I sat in the back and talked so that neither one of us would look down.

The Men in Black ride.  Neither of my kids know the movie, but we enjoyed shooting aliens with ray guns just the same.  Tom and Maddy beat Darcy and me, but Darcy shot her gun and the gun in the empty seat next to her so really we won.

This guy was in The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and I was hoping that each time I looked at it I would feel cooler, but it really didn't happen.

Who lives in a pineapple under the sea?

Spongebob Squarepants!

I never got in to see my favorite purple dinosaur, but I promise you next time I will!  I saw Barney here the first time with the girls and my mother.  The whole room went dark, the music started, and Barney rose up in the middle of the stage.  I cried.  My mother looked at me and said, "You have got to be kidding me."  But he was my hero...he kept Madison quiet when I needed her to be.

Darcy packed her suit so she could play here.  She actually got Maddy unsuspecting and drenched her, but they tried and failed to get Tom wet.  I stayed far away on the benches with the other parents and thought back to the times when my kids played here in their diapers.

This is who should be playing Lee Child's Jack Reacher instead of Tom Cruise...in my opinion.

Lucy is pointing at my redheads.  She kept waving to them and saying she liked their hair.  If only it were really Lucy...

The entrance to Islands of Adventure

Ah, basketball.  I know it well.  Go King James!

This stone structure from ancient times found here in Orlando was amazing...

...who knew banking was done even back then?  A rare find indeed.

Hogwarts

This brought back moments of jolly ole England...shepherd's pie

We figure we will investigate this attraction at another date...after all you never know what the other child is like.

No comments: