Saturday, June 23, 2012

Preparation #1 for summer travels

Once upon a time Kelly and I went on vacation and started jotting down thoughts, pictures, and summaries of our experiences.  Each time we went somewhere else together we brought the notebook.  Eventually I started this blog and transferred the notebook to the blog.

A month or so ago in a cleaning frenzy I ran across the notebook and thought that I should chuck it.  I can't remember the reason behind it.  I'm not sure if there were any more blank pages, but I vaguely remember thinking that it was all on my blog and I shouldn't hold on to it.  Clutter, clutter.  I threw it in the can, but then retrieved it, and then...I don't remember.  But I can't find it now that I'm heading off on vacation again with Kelly.

Me:  "I'm afraid I have some bad news."

Kelly:  "Really?  O-k-a-y."

Me:  "I can't find the travel  notebook."

Silence

Me:  "I know, I know.  It's terrible.  I've looked everywhere, but I think I might have thrown it out."

Kelly:  "Well, I don't even know what travel notebook you're talking about so..."

Okay, so obviously that notebook wasn't important to her either.  I had to remind her of the notebook, and I still don't think she remembered.  She eventually was sorry that I threw it out without a proper burial such as a night of reading through it and remembering good times.  She suggested we start a new one.  I thought perhaps we should progress to an electronic one that would make it easier to post to our blogs and facebook, but then I remembered that I was outlawing electronics and my kids would for certain to be all over that one.  Sigh. 

1 comment:

K Anne said...

It is true that I didn't know what notebook you were talking about...at first. But once you reminded me, I was properly upset at you losing it. I mean, this is ME, the hoarder. Do you really think I am OK with someone throwing our precious memories????? Now, instead of blogging, get your butt up and look for that notebook! And no, we are not doing it electronically.