Saturday, November 08, 2014

5 things to start the weekend


  1. I'm leaving tomorrow for a trip to the frozen tundra. I had to buy some clothes to wear there and I still don't think I'll be prepared for warmth. I spent all day trying on my winter clothes and by the time I had a few outfits to pack I was sweating. Our weather here is beautiful. Why would anyone want to live in the cold?
  2. I checked the weather for the week and snow is a huge possibility. While that is exciting I have no shoes for that either. My daughter asked me if my SIL was the same shoe size as me and I laughed. My brother would be more like it.
  3. I tried to plan out the week for everyone here. I set up rides for my children. I had dinner plans set for them. I then tried to discuss this with my husband and he blew a gasket. He accused me of being a planner and a worrier. "You should be worried about planning for what you are going to do when you get to Indiana," he said. "We will be fine here." I secretly left a list for the girls of phone numbers and helpful information just in case.
  4. My SIL is having her 5th chemo treatment while I'm there if all of her blood work checks out. I'm the designated caregiver, and I mentioned to her how I didn't think I was very good in this role, especially with my mother. She told me it involved a lot of sitting around watching television and talking to her. Now that I can do!
  5. "One thing. If I feel like getting up and making myself an egg or something to eat," she told me. "Please let me. Don't tell me how you are here to do that and get on me about sitting down and taking it easy. If I feel like doing it, I need to get up and move around. Ok?" My reply? "Will you make me an egg too?"

No comments: