Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Halloween 2014

My kids don't trick or treat anymore so I figured my spooky Halloween would be just handing out candy and enjoying a cocktail with my neighbors. A few days before my neighbor across the street,l Sid, saw me out with the dog and invited me to my next door neighbor's house to help him decorate it. Which I found odd as my next door neighbor is currently in Texas.

Me: "Uh? O-K?"
Sid: "I want to decorate it and then send him pictures of it and tell him we found it like this when we went in to check on things."

This is the neighbor who who entertained me when I was out of town so I refrained from rolling my eyes. Sid had recently had surgery on his foot and I was concerned he would do something to mess that up so I went with him and his woman, Gloria, to decorate for Halloween. They brought along the supplies which included a giant spider that they were going to make their little Yorkshire wear that night, a spider web, and duct tape.


The idea was to decorate a room, take a picture of it, and then take down the decorations and move into another room. I'm not going to lie. We giggled and snorted and tip toed around my neighbor's house as if we were really pulling a fast one on him.


Sid and I hung up the web and stretched it out to cover any object we thought might look good. Gloria took the photographs. I'm not sure we missed any room.



The snickering really began when we went into the bedroom. My neighbor had left for the airport, forgetting his laundry was still in the dryer and so he had asked if Gloria (notice he asked the woman) could fold that up for him and put it on his bed. He told her to ignore the underwear, which she didn't because the underwear was Izod. He took some ribbing with that and so I decided that it would be even funnier to include that in the pictures.



My neighbor is 93 years old. He recently got an Ipad to go with his Iphone and he and I text to stay updated about every other day or so. I let Sid and Gloria send him the pictures and mess with him and when he texted me that a large spider had been lose in his house and was now somewhere outside, lock up Elliot, I responded with:

Me: "Note for next time: Be careful of who you leave your keys with when you leave town."


No comments: