Sunday, November 09, 2014

NFL picks week 10

Last week - 7 - 6
Overall - 82 - 51

Cincinnati over Cleveland - Well, really, who thought it would be the other way around?

Kansas City over Buffalo - As sure as I picked this I knew it would be the other way around.

Detroit over Miami - I like the Lions. I like Matt Stafford. I'm not a Dolphins fan. Detroit is coming off the bye, but Miami is coming off a big win. What to do, what to do. I think the Lions play big in the cold.

New Orleans over San Francisco - The Saints have slowly worked their way past that beginning they had and San Francisco can't seem to find a way out of whatever hole they have gotten themselves into so I'm going with the home team.

Pittsburgh over the Jets - Oh, boy. Here we go. Everyone is expecting a blow out, but I know my boys. They get lazy when they play a no win team, and they think teams like this are no big deal, and they come out sluggish and yawning. I hope I'm wrong and they keep on the streak they have had now for two games. I'll be on an airplane when they play so I'll get the news when I land, but I will be decked out in black and gold!

Atlanta over Tampa - I can't even work up anything to say about this game. God love them both.

Dallas over Jacksonville - In London. Again. WTH? I don't get it. I really don't. The big news this week besides the game on the other side of the ocean is that Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo made the flight despite having to sit hours in a plane with a bad back. Does that mean he plays this week? Frankly, I'm not sure it matters. While Jacksonville hasn't been lying down on the field snoring despite their losing record and depite back-up Brandon Weedon's memory loss that he is a quarterback, Tony Romo is floppily either on game or off when he plays. This could turn out to be a good game. Or not.

Baltimore over Tennessee - The Ravens lose again? What a great birthday present that would be, but I can't see that happening.

Denver over Oakland - Who is worse the Raiders or the Bucs. Shouldn't those two teams be playing each other just so one of them could feel better? This is kind of sad that they have to play against a Peyton Manning team who lost last week.

Arizona over St. Louis - I thought Philadelphia was the team to watch, but how about those Cardinals? I'm liking them more and more, but then I'm partial as Bruce Arians use to be ours.

Seattle over the Giants - This is certainly the week of huge mismatches of great teams against mediocre teams and this one right here would be another match. Poor Eli and the Giants. They can't find themselves as a football team. They won't find it in Seattle either.

Green Bay over Chicago - The Midwest is pumped for this cold game, but Aaron Rogers will throw far and long and win.

Philadelphia over Carolina - The Eagles have lost their quarterback. Can they depend on Mark Sanchez, the former Romo of the Jets? I'm going on the thought that they are still running on their high from that great comeback last week. Plus they are at home on a Monday night. This could be my oops game.

No comments: